- Home Audio
- Sound Bars
- Car & Marine
Compact Speakers that Deliver Full-Size Speaker Performance
The first compact speaker to use exclusive state-of-the-art technologies to overcome the usual limitations of compact speakers, with wider soundstaging, more realistic details and deeper bass response than ever before. Once you hear the new Blackstone TL3, you will forget everything you thought you knew about compact loudspeakers.
- The ring radiator tweeter, a tweeter that has never been used in a compact loudspeaker before; it produces incredible accuracy and detail (beyond even 30kHz!).
- Time Lens® technology aligns the acoustic centers of the tweeter and mid-bass driver on the same spatial plane for superior imaging, while an acoustic lens incorporated in the grille helps smoothen the tweeter's frequency response.
- The unique curved enclosure design employs non-parallel surfaces to strengthen the acoustically inert enclosure and deliver less audible coloration from internal surface resonances.
- Because of its Extended Linear Motion motor structure, the moving parts of the drivers used in the Blackstone TL Series can move farther, more smoothly, in a smaller space than any other speaker driver in an enclosure this size, achieving the kind of dynamic response (clarity, volume) you'd expect from much larger speakers.
- PowerPort® bass venting is Polk's patented design for smoothly transitioning the air flow from the port into your listening area, eliminating turbulence and distortion, for bigger, more efficient, deep bass impact. Adding a PowerPort to a compact loudspeaker allows it to achieve deeper bass, for better blending with your subwoofer, than ever before.
- The Blackstone aerated polypropylene cone is lightweight, but stiff and strong, with longer linear excursion capabilities in a limited compact enclosure space, so it plays louder with less distortion.
- Polk's proprietary, patented Dynamic Balance® technology allows our engineers to design out distortion-causing driver and system resonances, so you only hear the good sounds.
- Hi-Gloss "Blackstone" finish, a durable, deep automotive-strength finish that matches today's most stylish flat-panel TVs and furniture.
- Compact means go-anywhere for Blackstone TL: on shelves, on the wall, on stands. Built-in keyhole slots and threaded inserts (that fit virtually any brackets) give you multiple mounting options.
- Gold-plated, professional-style 5-way binding posts, for the most secure connection options.
- All models in the Blackstone TL Series are available in convenient, professionally matched 5-packs for instant home theater solutions in any room. There are two complete systems available that include a subwoofer; everything you need for an explosive, compact, easy-to-connect home theater system. Plus, you can use individually-available satellites to expand your systems to accommodate 6.1, 7.1 and beyond.
|Amplifier Specs - 220V Availability||No|
|Dimensions - Mounting Options||Included wall mount bracket; 1/4x20 threated insert|
|Dimensions - Product Weight (each)||3.00 pounds|
|Dimensions Cabinet Dimensions - Depth||5 15/16 (15.08cm) "|
|Dimensions Cabinet Dimensions - Height||7 3/4 (19.68cm) "|
|Dimensions Cabinet Dimensions - Width||4 1/2 (11.43cm) "|
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Diameter||3 1/4 (8.26cm) "|
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Quantity||1|
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Type||Dynamic Balance aerated polypropylene cone with Extended Linear Motion voice coil driver|
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Diameter||3/4 (1.91cm) "|
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Quantity||1|
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Type||Dynamic Balance ring radiator tweeter|
|Electrical - Efficiency||88 dB|
|Electrical - Inputs||Gold-plated 5-way binding posts w/metal caps|
|Electrical - Lower -3dB Limit||115 Hz|
|Electrical - Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Electrical - Recommended Amplifier Power||10-125 watts per channel|
|Electrical - Total Frequency Response||90Hz-31KHz|
|Electrical - Upper -3dB Limit||28KHz kHz|
|Shipping - Included Accessories||included wall mount bracket|
|Shipping - Total Shipping Weight||3.70 pounds|
|Shipping - Unit of Measure||each|
|Warranty - Speaker Warranty||5 years parts and labor (original purchaser)|