- Home Audio
- Sound Bars
- Car & Marine
A Custom Install Center Channel Speaker
No other line of custom install loudspeakers in this price-range offers you more flexibility and performance. The SC-C is a purpose-designed center channel speaker for SC Series built-in systems. Now, you can build a completely stealth home theater system, including a timbre-matched center channel speaker, without breaking your budget. As with all of our mid-level loudspeakers, its performance is head-and-shoulders above that of anything in it price range. Dual 5 1/4-inch polymer composite midwoofers, tuned to eliminate resonances and distortion with our exclusive Dynamic Balance® technology, do the bulk of the hard work in your SC home theater system. A 3/4-inch silk dome tweeter, with powerful neodymium magnet structure, delivers detailed highs and dynamic, realistic effects, for excellent imaging (even in off-axis listening positions). This speaker's wide dispersion design guarantees uniform sound coverage, and seamless surround blending, even in larger rooms.
- One-cut easy installation in existing walls or in new construction, for pros or DIYers alike, with no extra assembly and no additional cutting. (Pre-construction brackets are available separately.)
- Polk's exclusive Rotating Cam system ensures stable, secure, vibration-free placement with the turn of a screwdriver.
- Polk's proprietary, patented Dynamic Balance technology allows our engineers to design out distortion-causing driver and system resonances, so you only hear the good sounds.
- Dynamic Balance silk dome tweeters, in aimable swivel housings, deliver clear and detailed highs, without fatigue, for greater accuracy and more realistic imaging.
- Paintable grilles & flanges make SC Series speakers virtually invisible.
- SC Series built-in speakers share cutout sizes and hardware components with other Polk built-in speaker series, so you can more easily upgrade your built-in speakers at any time.
- Durable, moisture-resistant materials like stainless steel hardware and a powder-coated, rust-proof aluminum grille allow you to install SC Series built-in speakers in extreme install locations like kitchens, bathrooms, and transitional areas like sunrooms and covered porches.
- The SC Series is timbre-matched to all other Polk loudspeakers, for mix-and-match system-building and seamless, speaker-to-speaker perfection.
- The SC Series features three of the most advanced built-in loudspeakers you'll find: A single compact built-in loudspeaker that brings actual dynamic stereo sound to locations where two speakers just won't work; two high performance IP-ready loudspeakers, allowing whole-home audio networking on a budget for the very first time, and a high performance built-in center channel speaker!
|Dimensions - Cut-Out Height||7 5/8 (19.37cm) "|
|Dimensions - Cut-Out Width||13 1/8 (33.34cm) "|
|Dimensions - Height||8 15/16 (22.70cm) "|
|Dimensions - Mounting Depth (includes 1/2 drywall)"||2 7/16 (6.19cm) "|
|Dimensions - Overall Depth||2 15/16 (7.46cm) "|
|Dimensions - Width||15 1/2 (39.37cm) "|
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Diameter||5 1/4 (13.34cm) "|
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Quantity||2|
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Type||Dynamic Balance driver with polymer composite cone|
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Diameter||3/4 (1.91cm) "|
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Quantity||1|
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Type||Silk/polymer dome|
|Electrical - Efficiency||91 dB|
|Electrical - Lower -3dB Limit||55 Hz|
|Electrical - Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Electrical - Recommended Amplifier Power||10-100 watts per channel|
|Electrical - Total Frequency Response||40Hz-20kHz|
|Electrical - Upper -3dB Limit||20 kHz|
|Shipping - Unit of Measure||each|
|Warranty - Speaker Warranty||Lifetime|