- Home Audio
- Sound Bars
- Car & Marine
Control Your Audio Online
CAT-5-ready, the two IP-ready SC Series models (one for in-wall installation, one for in-ceiling installation) quickly become a part of your home network, and give you the ultimate control over your playlist, throughout your home. Your network will automatically bypass the speakers' passive crossover, switching to a bi-amp mode. IP control actually enables a significant performance improvement, including better phase characteristics, lower overall distortion and improved sensitivity. When used in conjunction with a Netstreams Digilinx System (not included), preloaded Digital Signal Processing (DSP) settings smooth frequency response and increase bass, for utterly superb, uniquely controlled digital speaker performance. It's the state-of-the-art in audio control, at a price that you can really control.
- IP-ready SC Series models have standard wire connections for existing audio systems, and may be upgraded later to IP control; simply flip the easily accessible toggle switch to choose standard wire connections or IP control.
- One-cut easy installation in existing walls or in new construction, for pros or DIYers alike, with no extra assembly and no additional cutting. (Pre-construction brackets are available separately.)
- Polk's exclusive Rotating Cam system ensures stable, secure, vibration-free placement with the turn of a screwdriver.
- Polk's proprietary, patented Dynamic Balance® technology allows our engineers to design out distortion-causing driver and system resonances, so you only hear the good sounds.
- Dynamic Balance silk dome tweeters, in aimable swivel housings, deliver clear and detailed highs, without fatigue, for greater accuracy and more realistic imaging.
- Paintable grilles & flanges make SC Series speakers virtually invisible.
- SC Series built-in speakers share cutout sizes and hardware components with other Polk built-in speaker series, so you can more easily upgrade your built-in speakers at any time.
- Durable, moisture-resistant materials like stainless steel hardware and a powder-coated, rust-proof aluminum grille allow you to install SC Series built-in speakers in extreme install locations like kitchens, bathrooms, and transitional areas like sunrooms and covered porches.
- The SC Series is timbre-matched to all other Polk loudspeakers, for mix-and-match system-building and seamless, speaker-to-speaker perfection.
- The SC Series features three of the most advanced built-in loudspeakers you'll find: A single compact built-in loudspeaker that brings actual dynamic stereo sound to locations where two speakers just won't work; two high performance IP-ready loudspeakers, allowing whole-home audio networking on a budget for the very first time, and a high performance built-in center channel speaker!
|Dimensions - Cut-Out Height||12 3/4 (32.38cm) "|
|Dimensions - Cut-Out Width||8 3/4 (22.23cm) "|
|Dimensions - Height||14 3/8 (36.51cm) "|
|Dimensions - Mounting Depth (includes 1/2 drywall)"||3 (7.62cm) "|
|Dimensions - Overall Depth||3 1/2 (8.89cm) "|
|Dimensions - Pre-Construction Bracket||<a href='/products/pb85'>PB 85</a>|
|Dimensions - Width||10 (25.40cm) "|
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Diameter||8 (20.32cm) "|
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Quantity||1|
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Type||Dynamic Balance driver with polymer composite cone|
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Diameter||1 (2.54cm) "|
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Quantity||1|
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Type||Silk/polymer dome|
|Electrical - Efficiency||90 dB|
|Electrical - Lower -3dB Limit||50 Hz|
|Electrical - Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Electrical - Recommended Amplifier Power||20-100 watts per channel|
|Electrical - Total Frequency Response||30Hz-20kHz|
|Electrical - Upper -3dB Limit||20Khz kHz|
|Shipping - Unit of Measure||each|
|Warranty - Speaker Warranty||Lifetime|