- Home Audio
- Sound Bars
- Car & Marine
Big Tower Sound, Space-Saving Design
The RTiA5 is the most compact tower speaker in the RTiA Series. With two 6 1/2-inch Dynamic Balance® mid/woofer drivers, a 1-inch Dynamic Balance dome tweeter and PowerPort® Plus, it packs a punch and delivers the mind bending thrills of Inception as well as the intoxicating groove of Manu Chao.
- The proprietary curved, 6-layer DAHLI enclosure design creates the optimal shear damping for a more rigid, acoustically inert enclosure and minimal cabinet resonances. RTiA5 cabinets are designed for clean, accurate sound.
- The two 6-1/2-inch mid/woofer drivers are housed in their own tuned internal enclosures for increased clarity and lifelike detail.
- Klippel motor optimization uses laser measurement technology to ensure a smooth excursion path at either end of the volume spectrum for uniform performance at both low and high volumes.
- Polk's proprietary, patented Dynamic Balance technology allows our engineers to design out distortion-causing driver and system resonances, so you only hear the good sounds.
- Durable, computer-modeled, injection-molded butyl rubber surrounds suppress unwanted cone resonances for a lifetime of reliable sound.
- The RTiA Cascade Tapered Crossover eliminates the comb filtering and beaming, common to multi-driver speakers, which degrades the quality of the audio and collapses the soundstage.
- Beautiful curved furniture-grade hardwood veneer cabinet finishes, with sleek trim accents in black or cherry.
- Computer-modeled anti-diffraction grilles enhance the good looks while minimizing sonic interference.
- PowerPort Plus bass venting is our patented design for smoothly transitioning the air flow from the port into your listening area, eliminating turbulence and distortion, for bigger, more musical, deep bass impact.
- Our patented Acoustic Resonance Control® (ARC) port technology tunes out the internal cabinet resonances resulting in natural uncolored midrange reproduction.
- All Polk loudspeakers are timbre-matched within their series, designed with the same components throughout, to achieve seamless speaker-to-speaker blending effects in multi-channel systems.
- Dual gold-plated, professional-style 5-way binding posts, for the most secure connection options.
- Dual binding posts allow bi-amp or bi-wire connections, for the ultimate in customized high performance audio.
|Dimensions - Product Weight (each)||40 pounds|
|Dimensions Cabinet Dimensions - Depth||15 3/4 (40.01cm) "|
|Dimensions Cabinet Dimensions - Height||40 1/4 (102.23cm) "|
|Dimensions Cabinet Dimensions - Width||8 7/16 (21.43cm) "|
|Dimensions Enclosure Type - Mid-High Array Enclosure Type||PowerPort bass venting and ARC port|
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Diameter||6 1/2 (16.51cm) "|
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Quantity||2|
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Type||Dynamic Balance drivers with polymer/mica composite cones and rubber surrounds|
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Diameter||1 (2.54cm) "|
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Quantity||1|
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Type||Dynamic Balance silk polymer composite dome tweeter|
|Electrical - Efficiency||90 dB|
|Electrical - Inputs||Dual 5-way binding posts|
|Electrical - Lower -3dB Limit||40 Hz|
|Electrical - Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Electrical - Recommended Amplifier Power||20-250 watts per channel|
|Electrical - Total Frequency Response||30Hz-27kHz|
|Electrical - Upper -3dB Limit||26 kHz|
|Shipping - Total Shipping Weight||45 pounds|
|Shipping - Unit of Measure||Each|
|Warranty - Speaker Warranty||5 years parts and labor (original purchaser)|