- Home Audio
- Sound Bars
- Car & Marine
Designed to Perform
Introducing the new MM840 high performance 8-inch subwoofer. Great for big bass without taking up much space. As a result of 3 years of Polk research and development, the new MM systems have been designed to offer unparalleled sound quality with exceptional fit to meet virtually any application. Borrowing technology from our flagship SR Series, the MM Series offers exceptional value for the price. Through the use of high-tech carbon composite baskets, powerful neodymium motor structures using oversized voice coils, and state-of-the-art woven glass composite cones, we offer high-end audio performance normally found only in the most expensive loudspeaker systems.
MM840 DVC Features:
- With 250 Watts continuous/500 Watts peak power handling, the MM840 is recommended for small sealed (.35 cubic foot) enclosures.
- New polymer woofer cones and butyl rubber surrounds will not break down over time and will survive the rigors of harsh automotive environments.
- High temperature copper voice coil (51mm) and polyamide former withstands the most rigorous use while maintaining extremely low distortion for bass punch and output.
- Heavy duty input terminals accommodate speaker wire up to 8 AWG or twisted pairs of 12 AWG.
- Advanced carbon composite basket based on the spokes of a wheel is lightweight, will not flex during peaks and looks great! Don't be afraid to show off the back of your woofer.
- Klippel optimized components using a state-of-the-art Klippel distortion analyzer, Polk engineers were able to optimize the woofer's motor structure, voice coil alignment and suspension for the best possible performance, even at extreme listening levels.
- Available matching grille complement the wheel spoke design.
- Single voice coil configuration (MM840) also available.
|Dimensions - Cut-Out Diameter||7 1/8 (18.10cm) "|
|Dimensions Driver Mounting Depth - Bottom Mount||4 11/16 (11.91cm) "|
|Dimensions Driver Mounting Depth - Top Mount||4 1/8 (10.48cm) "|
|Driver Complement Subwoofer - Diameter||8 (20.32cm) "|
|Driver Complement Subwoofer - Quantity||1|
|Driver Complement Subwoofer - Type||Dynamic Balance poly composite woofer|
|Electrical - Efficiency||90 dB|
|Electrical - Nominal Impedance||Dual 4 ohms|
|Electrical - Total Frequency Response||26-200Hz|
|Electrical Power Handling - Continuous||250 watts|
|Electrical Power Handling - Peak||500 watts|
|Electrical Voice Coil - Driver Diameter||1 1/2 (3.81cm) "|
|Shipping - Unit of Measure||each|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - LE||2.47 mH|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - QES||0.62|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - QMS||5.5|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - QTS||0.59|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - Resonant Frequency||43 Hz|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - SD||35.65 sq in/230 sq cm|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - VAS||.55 cu ft/15.8 L|
|Thiele / Small Parameters Xmax - Xmax Linear||0.75|
|Warranty - Speaker Warranty||1 year parts and labor (original purchaser)|
This product has no literature.