- Home Audio
- Sound Bars
- Car & Marine
Designed to Perform
The MM6501UM is a dedicated component system for your watercraft needs. With space age materials, we have the best of both worlds- reliability and great sound quality. Designed and styled specifically for use in the marine environment, it isn't just a car speaker labeled for use on a boat. Use it in an overhead speaker-can or installed on your boat, it works great for both! With waterproof materials, it will stand up to the harsh marine environment while sounding great.
- Stainless steel heavy duty input terminals and mounting hardware will not corrode or tarnish.
- Sealed crossover assembly is built into back of magnet means there's no need to find room to hide an extra box.
- Passes the most rigorous 600 hours of salt fog and UV testing (ASTM international B117-03 standard practice for operating salt spray (fog) apparatus and D4329-99 standard.
- Space age materials reduce weight of components while offering rock solid reliability, advanced looks and ultra high performance.
- Neodymium magnets a rare earth metal offering exceptional strength to performance ratio, found only in the most exotic speakers, saves tremendous weight. Don't let the sound system weigh your vehicle down. Since the magnet is smaller, the speaker can fit into more applications.
- Carbon composite basket based on the spokes of a wheel is lightweight and will not flex.
- Woven glass composite cones feature tremendous stiffness-to mass ratio and are weather resistant. Lower mass means faster transients and finer detail.
- Klippel optimized components using a state-of-the-art Klippel distortion analyzer, Polk engineers were able to optimize the woofer's motor structure, voice coil alignment and suspension for the best possible performance, even at extreme listening levels.
- Polk MM Series speakers are built tough to withstand the toughest environments so they are perfect for use in boats of all types. That's why Correct Craft offers Polk speakers in their award-winning Nautiques ski and wakeboarding boats.
- Large-diameter voice coils (30mm) in drivers increase reliability and power handling capacity.