- Home Audio
- Sound Bars
- Car & Marine
Designed to Perform
Our flagship MM component system, the MM6501 is the result of 3 years of Polk research and development. The MM6501 has been designed to offer unparalleled sound quality with exceptional fit to meet virtually any application. The MM6501 offers extraordinary performance at a price that's too good to believe.
- Dynamic Balance® driver technology for pure, distortion free sound.
- Neodymium is a rare earth material we use in all MM driver magnets, excluding 461P, that are about 1/10 the weight of a comparable ceramic magnet and much more powerful. The smaller magnet means the MM6501 components fit easily into more applications.
- Carbon composite basket based on the spokes of a wheel is lightweight, absolutely will not flex during peaks and looks great.
- Woven glass composite cones feature tremendous stiffness-to mass ratio. Lower mass means faster transients and finer detail.
- Klippel optimized components for consistent, distortion-free sound.
- Marine Certified ensures the MM6501 is built tough to withstand the harshest boat speaker environment on the water.
- Large-diameter voice coil (30mm) in driver increases reliability and power handling.
- Wheel-inspired style combines with rugged durability in the MM grille.
- Multiple mount tweeters allow surface or flush mounting.
|Dimensions - Cut-Out Diameter||5 (12.70cm) "|
|Dimensions Driver Mounting Depth - Bottom Mount||2 7/8 (7.30cm) "|
|Dimensions Driver Mounting Depth - Top Mount||2 5/8 (6.67cm) "|
|Dimensions Grille - Height||1 1/16 (2.70cm) "|
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Diameter||6 1/2 (16.51cm) "|
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Quantity||2|
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Type||Dynamic Balance driver with polycomposite cone|
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Diameter||1 (2.54cm) "|
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Quantity||2|
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Type||Soft dome|
|Electrical - Efficiency||94 dB|
|Electrical - Nominal Impedance||2.7 ohms|
|Electrical - Total Frequency Response||40-25kHz|
|Electrical Power Handling - Continuous||125 watts|
|Electrical Power Handling - Peak||250 watts|
|Shipping - Unit of Measure||system|
|Warranty - Speaker Warranty||1 year parts and labor (original purchaser)|