- Home Audio
- Sound Bars
- Car & Marine
Designed to Perform
Introducing the new Mobile Monitor MM1240 high performance 12-inch subwoofer. With a heart pounding 425 Watts continuous/800 Watts peak power handling capacity, this subwoofer not only sounds great but plays loud. As a result of 3 years of Polk research and development, the new MM systems have been designed to offer unparalleled sound quality with exceptional fit to meet virtually any application. Borrowing technology from our flagship SR Series, the MM Series offers exceptional value for the price. Through the use of high-tech carbon composite baskets, oversized voice coils, and state-of-the-art composite cones, we offer high-end audio performance normally found only in the most expensive loudspeaker systems.
- New polymer woofer cones and butyl rubber surrounds will not break down over time and will survive the rigors of harsh automotive environments.
- High temperature copper voice coil (51mm) and polyamide former withstands the most rigorous use while maintaining extremely low distortion for bass punch and output.
- Nickel plated heavy duty input terminals accommodate speaker wire up to 8 AWG or twisted pairs of 12 AWG.
- Carbon composite basket based on the spokes of a wheel is lightweight, will not flex during peaks and looks great! Don't be afraid to show off the back of your woofer.
- Klippel optimized components using a state-of-the-art Klippel distortion analyzer, Polk engineers were able to optimize the woofer's motor structure, voice coil alignment and suspension for the best possible performance, even at extreme listening levels.
- Marine certified Polk MM Series speakers are built tough to withstand the toughest environments so they are perfect for use in boats of all types. That's why Correct Craft offers Polk speakers in their award-winning Nautiques ski and wakeboarding boats.
- Available matching grilles complement the wheel spoke design.
- Dual voice coil configuration (MM1240DVC) also available.
|Dimensions - Cut-Out Diameter||11 (27.94cm) "|
|Dimensions Driver Mounting Depth - Bottom Mount||5 1/4 (13.34cm) "|
|Dimensions Driver Mounting Depth - Top Mount||4 5/8 (11.75cm) "|
|Driver Complement Subwoofer - Diameter||12 (30.48cm) "|
|Driver Complement Subwoofer - Quantity||1|
|Driver Complement Subwoofer - Type||Dynamic Balance woofer with poly-composite cone|
|Electrical - Efficiency||92 dB|
|Electrical - Nominal Impedance||4 ohms|
|Electrical - Total Frequency Response||22-200Hz|
|Electrical Power Handling - Continuous||425 watts|
|Electrical Power Handling - Peak||800 watts|
|Electrical Voice Coil - Driver Diameter||2 (5.08cm) "|
|Shipping - Unit of Measure||each|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - LE||3.0 mH|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - QES||0.63|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - QMS||3|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - QTS||0.5|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - Resonant Frequency||30 Hz|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - SD||80.6 cu in/520 sq cm|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - VAS||1.3 cu ft/38 L|
|Thiele / Small Parameters Xmax - Xmax Linear||1 in|
|Warranty - Speaker Warranty||1 year parts and labor (original purchaser)|
This product has no literature.