- Home Audio
- Sound Bars
- Car & Marine
The Serious Center Channel Speaker
Build the cinema of your dreams with this high performance flagship center channel speaker designed to hold its own next to the LSiM707 and 705. Two 6 1/2-inch mid-woofer drivers and a dual PowerPort® bass venting system mean that this is a center channel speaker that can effortlessly deliver tremendous volume levels. The 3 1/4-inch midrange and the 1-inch ring radiator tweeter, usually found on speakers costing many times more, help anchor the action to your screen with clear details. The LSiM706c keeps pace, and blends seamlessly, with the front stage output of your LSiM floorstanding loudspeakers.
- Polk's exclusive dynamic sonic engine design optimizes the midrange driver and the ring radiator tweeter in separate interior chambers for improved transient response, superior imaging and greater horizontal off-axis response.
- Enhanced, reengineered ring radiator tweeters extend top-end response for incredible details and realistic imaging.
- Our innovative overhung voice coil design augments the excursion length for subwoofer drivers, increasing their power-handling capabilities and enhancing bass response.
- Extended Linear Motion voice coil design allows lots of movement in a limited space, eliminating impedance and extending mid- and high-frequency response.
- Lightweight, rigid cast aluminum baskets are designed for precision motor alignment with unobstructed linear movement and ample venting.
- Klippel motor optimization uses laser measurement technology to ensure a smooth excursion path at either end of the volume spectrum for uniform performance at both low and high volumes.
- Polk's proprietary, patented Dynamic Balance® technology allows our engineers to design out distortion-causing driver and system resonances, so you only hear the good sounds.
- Our super cell aerated polypropylene cone is the ideal balance of lightweight stiffness (for more efficient action with less distortion-causing flex) and superior damping properties.
- Durable, computer-modeled, injection-molded butyl rubber surrounds suppress unwanted cone resonances for a lifetime of reliable sound.
- High quality, heavy duty LSiM enclosure construction features 1.0" MDF on the sides, 3/4" MDF on the back and bottom, and 1 1/4" baffles with substantial internal bracing and separate interior cabinetry for each driver. These exceptionally robust materials efficiently eliminate cabinet resonances and standing waves for less distortion and more dynamic transparency.
- Beautiful furniture-grade hardwood veneer cabinet finishes, with sleek trim accents and no visible screws.
- Super-thin zero-diffraction grilles lock in place magnetically, and never obscure your sound.
- PowerPort bass venting is Polk's patented design for smoothly transitioning the air flow from the port into your listening area, eliminating turbulence and distortion, for bigger, more efficient, deep bass impact.
- All Polk loudspeakers are timbre-matched within their series, designed with the same components throughout, to achieve seamless speaker-to-speaker blending effects in multi-channel systems.
- Dual gold-plated, professional-style 5-way binding posts, for the most secure connection options.
- Dual binding posts allow bi-amp or bi-wire connections, for the ultimate in customized high performance audio.
|Dimensions - Mounting Options||Shelf; Speaker stand|
|Dimensions - Product Weight (each)||42.3 pounds|
|Dimensions Cabinet Dimensions - Depth||13 13/16 (35.08cm) "|
|Dimensions Cabinet Dimensions - Height||9 (22.86cm) "|
|Dimensions Cabinet Dimensions - Width||28 3/4 (73.03cm) "|
|Dimensions Enclosure Type - Mid-High Array Enclosure Type||Sealed|
|Dimensions Enclosure Type - Midwoofer Enclosure Type||Dual PowerPort bass venting|
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Diameter||6 1/2 (16.51cm) "|
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Quantity||2|
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Type||Dynamic Balance drivers with super cell aerated polypropylene cones|
|Driver Complement Midrange - Diameter||3 1/4 (8.26cm) "|
|Driver Complement Midrange - Quantity||1|
|Driver Complement Midrange - Type||Dynamic Balance drivers with super cell aerated polypropylene cone|
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Diameter||1 (2.54cm) "|
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Quantity||1|
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Type||Dynamic Balance enhanced ring radiator tweeter|
|Electrical - Efficiency||88 dB|
|Electrical - Inputs||Dual gold-plated binding posts|
|Electrical - Lower -3dB Limit||50 Hz|
|Electrical - Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Electrical - Recommended Amplifier Power||20-250 watts per channel|
|Electrical - Total Frequency Response||30Hz-40kHz|
|Electrical - Upper -3dB Limit||30 kHz|
|Electrical Crossover - Midrange/midbass<br>Crossover Frequency||280 Hz|
|Electrical Crossover - Tweeter/midrange<br>Crossover Frequency||2.8 kHz|
|Electrical Crossover - Type||Orth crossover design|
|Shipping - Included Accessories||Binding post jumpers; Owners manual; Registration card|
|Shipping - Total Shipping Weight||46.3 pounds|
|Shipping - Unit of Measure||Each|
|Warranty - Speaker Warranty||5 years parts and labor (original purchaser)|