- Home Audio
- Sound Bars
- Car & Marine
Incredible Sound, Affordable Price
It's all here. All the Polk goodness and technology that makes our subwoofers a kickin' addition to any vehicle's audio system, as only Polk can deliver.
- "Dished" polypropylene cone supported by a vented cone/coil coupler stiffens the cone for greater mechanical stability and lower distortion.
- Marine Certified Polk db Series speakers are built tough to withstand the toughest environments so they are perfect for use in boats of all types. That's why Correct Craft offers Polk speakers in their award-winning Nautiques ski and wakeboarding boats.
- Santoprene surround is impervious to extremes in temperature, humidity and exposure to sunlight for excellent long term reliability.
- Fire-retardant flat NOMEX® spider allows extended linear motion while providing highly reliable mechanical and thermal stability.
- Triple venting of the 4-layer Kapton voice coil former, cone/coil coupler and pole piece contribute to the high power handling and reliability of the db Series subs.
- As with all Polk subwoofers, the voice coil alignment, motor and suspension were optimized using a state-of-the-art Klippel laser analyzer. The result is superior cone travel linearity for flatter response and lower distortion.
- Dual voice coil version also available - db840DVC
- Optional db8G grille is available.
|Dimensions - Cut-Out Diameter||7 1/8 (18.10cm) "|
|Dimensions Driver Mounting Depth - Bottom Mount||4 1/2 (11.43cm) "|
|Dimensions Driver Mounting Depth - Top Mount||4 1/16 (10.32cm) "|
|Driver Complement Subwoofer - Diameter||8 (20.32cm) "|
|Driver Complement Subwoofer - Quantity||1|
|Driver Complement Subwoofer - Type||Dynamic Balance woofer polymer composite cone|
|Electrical - Efficiency||85 dB|
|Electrical - Nominal Impedance||4 ohms|
|Electrical - Total Frequency Response||30-200 Hz|
|Electrical Power Handling - Continuous||180 watts|
|Electrical Power Handling - Peak||360 watts|
|Electrical Voice Coil - Driver Diameter||1 1/2 (3.81cm) "|
|Shipping - Unit of Measure||each|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - BL||10.3 Tesla Meters|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - CMS||157.6 Micro Meters|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - MMS||67g|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - QES||0.6|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - QMS||14.1|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - QTS||0.6|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - Recommended Enclosure||Sealed/Ported/Bandpass|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - Resonant Frequency||49 Hz|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - SD||35.65 sq inch/ 230 sq cm|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - VAS||.42 cubic feet/11.9 L|
|Thiele / Small Parameters Xmax - Xmax Linear||.51 inch/13 mm (peak to peak)|
|Warranty - Speaker Warranty||1 year parts and labor (original purchaser)|