- Home Audio
- Sound Bars
- Car & Marine
Incredible Sound, Affordable Price
The db6501 component system not only offers superior looks, but also superior sound. And all at a price that makes a high performance system affordable! The db6501 works well in OEM factory installs, as well as with high-powered aftermarket head units and component power amps. This component system delivers incredible Polk performance and durability at a very affordable price.
- Dynamic Balance polymer/mica composite mineral filled cone is stiff yet lightweight for big sound, little distortion.
- 25mm liquid-cooled silk/polymer composite dome tweeter with neodymium magnet for clear, detailed highs.
- Flush & surface mount swivel cups allow placement flexibility and soundstage optimization.
- Low-mass 2-layer 25mm Kapton voice coil former is lightweight for high sound output. Kapton's high melting temperature (725F/400C!) ensures high power handling and kick-butt reliability.
- Supplied adaptor rings enable the db6501 to fit both 6 1/2-inch and 6 3/4-inch applications, ensuring an easy fit in everything from domestics to imports including VWs and Audis, BMWs and other European imports.
- Adaptor rings make it easy to fit the db6501 in 6 1/2-inch and 6 3/4-inch applications.
- Muscular ABS grilles, computer optimized and based on exclusive MOMO designs.
- Durable butyl rubber surround won't fall apart under the stress of extreme temperatures, sunlight or time, for years of the great Polk sound.
- Pole plate heat sink promotes better heat dissipation for superior power handling and reliability.
- Flat spider for faster, longer excursion linear motion.
- Flexible woven leads sewn directly into spider for greater reliability.
- 2nd-order Butterworth outboard crossover for component system sound at a coaxial price.
- Electronic tweeter protection circuit protects your tweeters from accidental abuse for reliable high output sound.
- Vented crossover housing gives you a choice of hidden wire channels for easier, more professional-looking installs.
- Rock solid, acoustically inert samped steel basket finished in rustproof gun metal gray.
- Stainless steel mounting hardware.
|Dimensions - Cut-Out Diameter||5 (12.70cm) "|
|Dimensions - Tweeter Cut-Out Diameter||2 1/16 (5.24cm) "|
|Dimensions Driver Mounting Depth - Bottom Mount||2 1/4 (5.71cm) "|
|Dimensions Driver Mounting Depth - Top Mount||2 (5.08cm) "|
|Dimensions Grille - Height||1 3/16 (3.02cm) "|
|Dimensions Tweeter Mounting Depth - Flush Mount Depth||7/8 (2.22cm) "|
|Dimensions Tweeter Mounting Depth - Surface Mount Height||1 1/8 (2.86cm) "|
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Diameter||6 1/2 (16.51cm) "|
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Quantity||2|
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Type||Dynamic Balance polymer/mica composite cone with rubber surround|
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Diameter||1 (2.54cm) "|
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Quantity||2|
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Type||Silk/polymer composite dome|
|Electrical - Efficiency||92 dB|
|Electrical - Nominal Impedance||4 ohms|
|Electrical - Total Frequency Response||35Hz-23kHz|
|Electrical Power Handling - Continuous||100 watts|
|Electrical Power Handling - Peak||300 watts|
|Shipping - Unit of Measure||system|
|Warranty - Speaker Warranty||1 year parts and labor (original purchaser)|