- Home Audio
- Sound Bars
- Car & Marine
Incredible Sound, Affordable Price
All the Polk features, all the Polk technology that makes our subs create big, tight, musical bass are here. The db1240 is ready for you when you're ready to get serious about your music.
- Polypropylene cone with rigid ABS dustcap to stiffen the cone for greater mechanical stability and lower distortion.
- Marine Certified Polk db Series speakers are built tough to withstand the toughest environments so they are perfect for use in boats of all types.
- Santoprene surround is impervious to extremes in temperature, humidity and exposure to sunlight for excellent long term reliability.
- Fire-retardant flat NOMEX® spider allows extended linear motion while providing highly reliable mechanical and thermal stability.
- Double venting of the 4-layer Kapton voice coil former, cone/coil coupler and pole piece contribute to the high power handling and reliability of the db Series subs.
- As with all Polk subwoofers, the voice coil alignment, motor and suspension were optimized using a state-of-the-art Klippel laser analyzer. The result is superior cone travel linearity for flatter response and lower distortion.
- Dual voice coil version also available - db1240DVC
- Optional db12G grille is available.
|Dimensions - Cut-Out Diameter||11 1/16 (28.10cm) "|
|Dimensions Driver Mounting Depth - Bottom Mount||6 9/16 (16.67cm) "|
|Dimensions Driver Mounting Depth - Top Mount||6 1/16 (15.40cm) "|
|Dimensions Grille - Height||2 1/8 (5.40cm) "|
|Driver Complement Subwoofer - Diameter||12 (30.48cm) "|
|Driver Complement Subwoofer - Quantity||1|
|Driver Complement Subwoofer - Type||Dynamic Balance woofer with polymer composite cone|
|Electrical - Efficiency||88 dB|
|Electrical - Nominal Impedance||4 ohms|
|Electrical - Total Frequency Response||27-200 Hz|
|Electrical Power Handling - Continuous||360 watts|
|Electrical Power Handling - Peak||720 watts|
|Electrical Voice Coil - Driver Diameter||2 (5.08cm) "|
|Shipping - Unit of Measure||each|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - BL||14.5|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - CMS||215.5|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - MMS||146.7|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - QES||0.4|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - QMS||11.7|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - QTS||0.4|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - Recommended Enclosure||Sealed/Ported/Bandpass|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - Resonant Frequency||28.3 Hz|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - SD||80.6 sq in/520 sq cm|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - VAS||2.87 cubic ft/81.4 L|
|Thiele / Small Parameters Xmax - Xmax Linear||.62 inch/16 mm (peak to peak)|
|Warranty - Speaker Warranty||1 year parts and labor (original purchaser)|