- Home Audio
- Sound Bars
- Car & Marine
Incredible Sound, Affordable Price
High output that requires little amplifier power is one of the benefits of the db1040 subwoofer. The driver is optimized to work in any type of enclosure and it's marine certified, too. On land or water, the db1040 has all the Polk goodies that make it a low-down performer.
- 10-inch single voice coil subwoofers optimized for high performance in virtually any enclosure type: sealed, vented and band pass.
- Wrap-around rubber gasket seals the sub in your enclosure for airtight performance.
- State-of-the-art laser-based Klippel measurement technology perfectly centers the subwoofer's voice coil in the magnetic field, improving X-max and BL linearity, and the sub's micro and macro dynamics, for deep, precise, bass!
- Black matte-finish composite cones are unbelievably stiff for real gut-pounding bass.
- Injection molded ABS dust cap also stiffens the cone to suppress unwanted resonance for incredible low distortion, high impact bass response.
- Big beefy magnet structure and motor assembly for high output bass with tight control.
- Durable butyl rubber surround for consistent, reliable performance.
- Four-layer vented voice coil runs cool while your music stays hot.
- Vented pole piece for higher efficiency and ultra-high power handling.
- Fast-on wire terminals for quick, secure hookups.
- All Polk db Series speakers and subwoofers are Marine Certified to withstand the harshest marine environments for dependable use in boats of all types, one reason why Correct Craft offers Polk speakers in their award-winning Nautiques ski and wakeboarding boats.
- Santoprene surround is impervious to extremes in temperature, humidity and exposure to sunlight for excellent long term reliability.
- Fire-retardant flat NOMEX® spider allows extended linear motion while providing highly reliable mechanical and thermal stability.
- Dual voice coil version also available - db1040DVC
- Optional db10G grille is available.
|Dimensions - Cut-Out Diameter||9 1/16 (23.02cm) "|
|Dimensions Driver Mounting Depth - Bottom Mount||5 15/16 (15.08cm) "|
|Dimensions Driver Mounting Depth - Top Mount||5 7/16 (13.81cm) "|
|Driver Complement Subwoofer - Diameter||10 (25.40cm) "|
|Driver Complement Subwoofer - Quantity||1|
|Driver Complement Subwoofer - Type||Dynamic Balance woofer with polymer composite cone|
|Electrical - Efficiency||86 dB|
|Electrical - Nominal Impedance||4 ohms|
|Electrical - Total Frequency Response||28-200 Hz|
|Electrical Power Handling - Continuous||270 watts|
|Electrical Power Handling - Peak||540 watts|
|Electrical Voice Coil - Driver Diameter||2 (5.08cm) "|
|Shipping - Unit of Measure||each|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - BL||11.9|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - CMS||180.6|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - MMS||113.8 g|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - QES||0.6|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - QMS||11.4|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - QTS||0.6|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - Recommended Enclosure||Sealed/Ported/Bandpass|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - Resonant Frequency||35 Hz|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - SD||54.25 sq in/350 sq cm|
|Thiele / Small Parameters - VAS||1.12 cubic feet/31.6 L|
|Thiele / Small Parameters Xmax - Xmax Linear||.62 inch/16 mm (peak to peak)|
|Warranty - Speaker Warranty||1 year parts and labor (original purchaser)|