- Home Audio
- Sound Bars
- Car & Marine
A Stealth Center Channel Speaker
With a Vanishing® Series in-wall center channel speaker, you have the centerpiece of a world-class stealth home theater. All you see is screen, and all you hear is crystal clear dialogue, dynamic detail and directional effects. The Vanishing Series center channel speaker anchors the action without attracting attention. It's the state-of-the-art in today's most wanted interior design plans.
- Vanishing Series built-in speakers feature our exclusive wafer-thin Sheer-Grille™, a magnetically-secured grille that protrudes only 7mm from its surroundings. Sheer-Grilles have nearly transparent, ultra-small perfs, and are acoustically inert, for dynamic, unimpeded sound and more uniform coverage, even in larger rooms.
- Painted to match your décor, Vanishing Series built-in speakers are virtually indistinguishable from their surroundings.
- Enhanced, reengineered ring radiator tweeters extend top-end response for incredible details and realistic imaging.
- Reflective surfaces in rooms can make sound brighter and cause image distortion. Engaging the Vanishing reflective room compensation feature (by selecting the low setting) lowers the tweeter level to compensate for reflective surfaces. Vanishing reflective room compensation is a custom audio control that cuts the level only in the 4-5kHz range, exactly where reflectivity destroys sound quality. Outside this narrow 1kHz band, the tweeter retains its detailed and accurate high frequency response, for no loss of realistic musical details.
- Vanishing Series LS speakers are timbre-matched to Polk LSi speakers to insure utterly seamless blending from speaker to speaker in systems that combine traditional and built-in speakers.
- If positioning limitations demand that your loudspeakers be installed closer than 2 feet from side walls, the proximity of the surface can result in a response bump between 50 and 200Hz. This can create boomy sound. The Vanishing wall distance toggle switch is a custom audio control that adjusts the crossover to flatten response and tune out boominess, without sacrificing deep bass response, for more lifelike sound and more flexible placement.
- PowerPort® bass venting is Polk's patented design for smoothly transitioning the air flow from the port into your listening area, eliminating turbulence and distortion, for bigger, more efficient, deep bass impact.
- Easy one-cut, drop-in installation puts built-in audio within reach, with Perfect Fit templates, a precision flange, and (available) pre-construction brackets; achieve secure, vibration-free efficiency with a simple turn of the patented Rotating Cam system.
|Dimensions - Cut-Out Height||7 5/8 (19.37cm) "|
|Dimensions - Cut-Out Width||13 1/8 (33.34cm) "|
|Dimensions - Height||9 5/16 (23.65cm) "|
|Dimensions - Mounting Depth (includes 1/2 drywall)"||3 3/8 (8.57cm) "|
|Dimensions - Overall Depth||3 7/8 (9.84cm) "|
|Dimensions - Pre-Construction Bracket||<a href='/products/pblcic'>PB LCic</a>|
|Dimensions - Product Weight (each)||6.86 pounds|
|Dimensions - Width||14 13/16 (37.62cm) "|
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Diameter||5 1/4 (13.34cm) "|
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Quantity||2|
|Driver Complement Mid / Woofer - Type||Dynamic Balance aerated polypropylene cone and rubber surround|
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Diameter||1 (2.54cm) "|
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Quantity||1|
|Driver Complement Tweeter - Type||Dynamic Balance ring radiator tweeter|
|Electrical - Efficiency||91 dB|
|Electrical - Inputs||Gold-plated spring-loaded posts|
|Electrical - Lower -3dB Limit||44 Hz|
|Electrical - Nominal Impedance||8 ohms|
|Electrical - Recommended Amplifier Power||10-150 watts per channel|
|Electrical - Total Frequency Response||30Hz-33kHz|
|Electrical - Upper -3dB Limit||29 kHz|
|Shipping - Total Shipping Weight||9 pounds|
|Shipping - Unit of Measure||each|
|Warranty - Speaker Warranty||Lifetime|